Mittwoch, 16. Februar 2011

Short trip to Linz with my new Samsung NX10

Today I went to Linz for some shopping and to try my new Samsung NX10. I enjoyed taking photos with it as it really is much more comfortable to carry than my heavier SLRs. It easily fits into the pocket of my anorak when equipped with the 30mm pancake.

I started in the Mariendom, one of the largest churches in Austria. Its very dark inside and I wanted to see whether the NX is able go focus properly in very dark conditions. Of course it did.
I used ISO 1600 for this shot and still needed 1/6s at f3.5! So it really was dark - time to make good use of O.I.S.:


I took some more shots, this time using ISO 200 and putting the camera on tables or benches as I was to lazy to bring a tripod with me.





After all this hard work it was time for some break and I treated myself to some beer and Schweinsbraten at the Klosterhof.



Some more photos taken at Landstrasse, the main street of Linz




The Hauptplatz / town square





The danube

Most photos had been taken with the 18-55mm lens. While I am happy with the quality of it I prefer the fixed focus lenses as these are smaller and faster. Unfortunately for the time being I only have the 30mm lens. I hesitate to buy the 20mm one because Samsung announced a 16mm lens and I am not sure if I need both or just the 16mm one - and I have to spare some funds for the 60mm Macro lens!
I especially liked the electronic viewfinder and the Amoled  display of the NX10 as it makes taking and reviewing photos in bright sunlight so much easier. The NX10 proofed to be very capable as auto white balance and exposure metering performed flawlessy.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hello,

    While looking for a hands-on to the Samsung nx-10 / nx-11 i found your side. I want me to buy this camera, but first i'd like to check it out myself. So it would be extremly nice if we could meet in linz and I can get a look at your nice cam.

    Anyway, thanks for the nice shots!
    Sincerely Luc

    AntwortenLöschen